The Albany Housing Authority Board of Commissioners is a six member Board appointed by the Mayor of the City of Albany. The Commissioners volunteer their time and capabilities to the Albany Housing Authority. Commissioners engage in a number of activities as they make policy and further program goals. Among them are:
- Attending the meetings of the Board and participating in Board discussion and decisions.
- Establishing policies on personnel, grievance procedures, procurement, admissions, evictions, and qualifications which residents must meet to remain in public housing.
- Working with the Authority’s Executive Director and staff to ensure Board policies are applied in daily operations.
- Reviewing and approving budgets to ensure compliance with federal and local laws and requirements.
- Interacting with local, state and federal governments to assure that residents are well served; and
- Nurturing positive community relations.
The Commissioners for the Albany Housing Authority are:
[image align=”left” size=”one-third”]http://www.albanyhousingauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Frank-Wilson.jpg[/image]
W. Frank Wilson – Chairman
[image align=”left” size=”one-third”]http://www.albanyhousingauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/comingsoon.png[/image]
Linda Coston – Vice Chair
[image align=”left” size=”one-third”]http://www.albanyhousingauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Lou-Lee.jpg[/image]
[image align=”left” size=”one-third”]http://www.albanyhousingauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Martha-Corhen.jpg[/image]
[image align=”left” size=”one-third”]http://www.albanyhousingauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Kelly-Jenkins.jpg[/image]
Roman Valesquez, Jr.,